View Single Post
Old Mon Aug 28, 2006, 10:12am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrowder
I agree with sending him off to get checked.

Not sure I think it was fair for you to let the team take a break before this all-important, game-changing extra point... But I wasn't there, and you were.

Had 2 scrimmages Saturday - one at 9 am, the other at 6 pm. Both ran JV and then V, and both lasted about 4 hours. And here in Texas, it was over 100 from 9 am until about 8 pm.

The way they were rotating in and out, kids were getting plenty of breaks ... not so much for us. We had to take a couple of water breaks just for ourselves!

Nice to be back on the field.
I see your point, but I had to wait for the EMT as he came across the field and didn't exactly hurry. Seemed like as good a time as any for water and I didn't hesitate -- it gave the offense and defense equal time to prepare. I know it will seem like I'm adding details, but both benches asked if water would be OK there.

Friday afternoon a game was halted in the same area due to excessive humidity. Well, and the team was down 42-14 with 2:00 left in the third quarter.

Small schools, kids playing both ways, kids not in game shape yet, I'd just rather not risk it. Last season I was worried as a defensive lineman was throwing up on the field during a steamy week 1, but then his teammates said he does that EVERY game.