View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 23, 2006, 04:13pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebraman
I just completely disagree with your first post where you indicated that you don't want a partner telling you when they've warned a coach. Don't we want to have as much information about what is going on in the game as possible?

When a partner tells me that he has warned a coach, that doesn't mean I'm going to go whack the coach if he says another word. It means that the coach has been giving my partner some trouble and I'd like to help alleviate that if possible. With the additional information that my partner just gave me, I might rotate a little different to keep myself in front of that coach for a while. Maybe that will give the coach a chance to get his act together and nothing further will happen.

I'm not going to "fight my partners battle," but I do think it's good info to know that a coach has been on my partner so much that it has warranted a warning.

I've always thought that a "partner protect" technical foul is the best kind (if it came to that) anyway. If I know that the coach is all over my partner, I will start watching that interaction more closely. If a T is warranted later, it sometimes looks less confrontational if it comes from one of the refs who wasn't taking the majority of the heat from the coach.

As far as your Lute Olsen comment, I can only respond with an icon on that one.

Z
I'm in total agreement with this post. I've worked with guys before that would not give me any help after I had warned a coach. I had to take care of business. They chose not to back me up. I really don't care to work with them anymore.