View Single Post
Old Mon Aug 21, 2006, 10:58pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWL
I'll put it to you like this. I was invited to and participated in the prestigious Texas Relays in the 330 yard intermediate hurdles. That same year, I also returned to Austin to compete in both relay events that they had at that time. The 440 relay and 1,600 relay. Back then events were in yards. That was my junior year. My senior year I wasn't so lucky because of a detached ligament in my ankle. I qualified for regionals in the hurdles, but declined to go so the third place finisher could go compete because I wasn't in shape and my times were nowhere close to my standards. So if you if you consider yourself in that class, then you are truly as special as you claim.

I was also timed in 4.6 in the forty running in ordinary football shoes on a grass field.
So, this was what 32, 33 years ago? What does that have to do with now. I could run pretty fast too. I did happen to Major in Physical Education in college, and was proficient in 12 different sports. I've ran track events, including the high hurdles, the 440 individual, and the 880 relay. I took Coaching Track And Field at SDSU at age 28, and was required to perform every track and field event, including pole vault, hammer, and shot put. I have worked as an official at 10K's and 1/2 marathons here in San Diego (I would certainly expire if I tried to run in one!).

Now, I'm sure you were much faster than I was, but I was by NO MEANS SLOW, and I'm not slow now, either.

BTW, can you still throw better than Mike, because he just gunned down a runner stealing 2nd, and it reminded me to ask?
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25