View Single Post
Old Mon Aug 21, 2006, 05:56pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrowder
I just spoke with my friend in the Texas League - they do not use the mechanic you mention.

If your talking Texas League as in AA yes they do. In fact it's on the PU evaluation card. I lost a hard drive with an old e-mail from PBUC regarding this issue from right after the Eddings fiasco.

Spoke with both of my assignors and they both recommended not using it at the NAIA or NCAA level until consensus is reached (which it has not yet - leading me to wonder about the comments on the Super-Regionals above), although one of the two suspects SOME uniform mechanic will be in place at NCAA level by next year and probably by NAIA either next year or soon.
Simply repeating what was told to me by two umpires that did region/super region in 2006

See my comments regarding CCA mechanics book.

No real need to argue. IMO the real issue is that crews need to pre-game and use the same mechanic at all times there is or may be an uncaught third strike.

A close friend in AA is being evaluated this week. I will ask him to see if he can get clarification on enforcement accross all MiLB.

Last edited by socalblue1; Mon Aug 21, 2006 at 11:43pm.