View Single Post
Old Mon Aug 21, 2006, 04:04pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalblue1
Jeff,

Agreed for the most part. However, many HS groups STILL use the outdated Fed mechanics.

PBUC is about ready to release a new Red Book (May be out now). Hopefully they have included more of the evaluation course mechanics into the book or will release them on the web site at some point. I would look for this to be updated in the 2007 or 2008 CCA guide (Tim C may have input on that).
The state I live in uses many of their own mechanics outside of what the NF uses. Actually a lot of mechanics are NCAA mechanics to make things easier or simple. The powers that be made those decisions; I just do what I am told.

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalblue1
Use what you want. I can tell you from experience that using this mechanic one should NEVER have a crew mechanic issue with an uncaught third strike. It works - why are you fighting it?
Once again you are coming at this from a different perspective than I am on this issue. I did not make the point because of what works, I am saying to you what I think because it might not fit everyone's conference or level they work. Who cares if it works if the powers that be do not give you assignments because you are using a "pro mechanic?" If you were a football official you would know that the SEC used certain mechanics for years (completely outside of the CCA Mechanics BTW). If you wanted to work in the SEC, you did what you were told or you sat at home. I would rather have a job using a mechanic that does not work as than sitting completely at home trying to use a mechanic that is perceived to be the best. So this is not about fighting anything, this is about what you suggested might not apply to every jurisdiction whether you or I like it or not. Also I do not know that it “works.” What you said I should not do has worked very well for me and the umpires I work with.

Peace