View Single Post
Old Sun Aug 20, 2006, 06:02pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by footlocker
I am going to be starting my first year at the JC level...
Congrats! It's going to be a big adjustment for you, but I'm sure it will be exciting. Good luck!

Quote:
Any advise on the best way to keep JC separate from HS?
I'm not sure what you mean by this. Do you mean how to make sure your schedules don't conflict? Do you mean how to keep the rules differences straight? Help me out a little with what you're looking for.

Quote:
or How to transistion from night to night?
Just like HS ball, Juco ball can vary wildly in the quality you see from night to night, from team to team, from early in the season to late in the season on the same team. If you have very high quality HS ball in your area, the Juco ball may not be that much better. On the other hand, some Juco schools get D1 athletes who for some reason (academic, financial, legal) had to wait a year to get into a D1 program.

The best way to make a smooth transition is simply to focus on the game you're doing that night. A good pre-game helps. That sounds oversimplified, but I don't think it is. Focus on the game you have to work that night. 2-whistle or 3-whistle? Mentally prepare for it. NCAA rules or FED rules? Pre-game the differences. That's the biggest step.

Best of luck. Let us know how the first one goes.