Thread: SEC officials
View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 13, 2002, 10:55pm
Do not give a damn!!

Wink Because I can.

Quote:
Originally posted by HogFan
How could you make a statement like this?

You have no idea how much expierience I have had with basketball. Playing or watching. You are right. I have never officiated a basketball game. Does that make me unintelligent as to the rules and the quality of officiating? I really do not think so.

Also, I acknowledge when I think our team got a break. Wether it was a call that could of went the other way or a no call.
I can make the statement because of how you came on this board. It is obvious that you do not understand the first thing about what officials know or what and how they are evaluated. If you did, you would not be trying to even talk to the evaluators of any official of any conference. Because that would be a near impossiblity that he or she would even care what you said, and they would not be doing it from an individual that did not know a thing about what they are talking about. This is not necessarily directed at you, but you are not a coach, a player or an administrator that has anything credible to say or to offer.

You are right, I do not know your experience or know how long you have played. But the reality is that is not a good determiner at all. I have been officating for 6 years and this is my first year of college. Before that there was many things about the rules that I did not understand until I became an official. And I like you, watched commentators talk about how officials were not in position and using terminology that is nowhere in the rule book. "Over the back," and "Reach" come to mind. And philosopies of what officials call and do not call are coming from these genuiuses almost as hilarious as you thinking that YOUR experience makes you and expert on how good or bad officials in the SEC or any other conference for that matter are. Not trying to be funny, unless you can tell me where the definition section is in the NCAA Rulebook are and how many rules are in the NCAA Rulebook, I can pretty much stand on what I originally said. I am sure that if you cannot answer those basic questions for me or anyone else, you do nothing but prove what I have already suggested. No offense, I was just as ignit before I became an official about the rules as you appear to be right now.

Quote:
So what fans thinks is rather unimportant
Quote:
I totally disagree with this. Maybe their comments are unimportant, but fans deserve the best product that can be put on the floor.

You are completely incorrect. The game is for the kids first, the coaches second and the school third. It is still an scholastic endeavor not supposed to be for the fans. The game is for the players, and even they do not understand the rules the way officials do. When individuals think things like "moving screens" and the "feet must be set" for a Player-Control Foul. Oh, I am sorry, I should have said to get a "charge" so you can understand me more clearly. But I would be talking like a fan then, not an official.

Peace

[Edited by JRutledge on Jan 13th, 2002 at 09:59 PM]