Thread: SEC officials
View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 13, 2002, 08:47pm
Do not give a damn!!

Kind of hard for you.

Quote:
Originally posted by HogFan
I wouldnt say that I had rulings to back this up, but I would say that I had the consensus of SEC fans in mind when I say this. Ive heard it from a lot of people from a lot of different schools.

For your information, every big conference that I know the officials every single game, every single call or "no call" is reviewed. If they make mistakes they are usually downgraded, and a few are not asked back depending on their performance. And depending on the mistake, the officials are fined depending on what goes down.

The consensus of the fans means nothing. I officiate HS, and fans think that "over the back" is a foul of some kind. It might open some eyes of individuals if they understood that it would be hard to be critical of an official much like it would be difficult to be critical of a doctor if you have not gone thru the training or education to know what is being done right or wrong. I would assume that fans like yourself only look at what goes wrong with your team, not what goes wrong with your opponents. So what fans thinks is rather unimportant. The officials goes thru much more review than you could ever imagine and believe me, you probably do not understand enough of the rules to even have an intelligent thought toward the quality of officials in the first place.

Peace