View Single Post
Old Fri Aug 18, 2006, 01:21am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to aceholleran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Childress
Here's part of email I received from Andy Konyar:

Glad you enjoyed the game and your friend "who should know" doesn't know what he is talking about. While some clinicians in some areas want a foul called out loudly, LL does not dictate that they do it that way. Just like in any other program, some personal preferences get relayed to those attending

We stand corrected.
I have no idea what Andy Konyar is talking about, since I didn't see your post to him.

I DO know that I have been involved with LL longer than he has.

And I can state that, any time I see a plate umpire set up on the "outside" shoulder of a catcher in a regional final game, is a bad thing.

AK has the big job in W-port. Congratulations. LL, year in and year out, advocates a mightily flawed umpiring system at regional and WS levels. I've seen this personally.

Some day, one of these poor souls is going to call an infield fly on a bunt attempt or kill the play on a catcher's INT, and a team (on TV) will get the short end of the stick on a key call (not a judgment) and a coach or a team will take it to the mat. And the umpire will be flat wrong.

Players and coaches work hard to get to regional and WS levels of play. It is a shame and embarrassment when umpiring at those levels is shoddy, as it too often is.

Ace