View Single Post
Old Thu Aug 17, 2006, 04:16pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim C
OK, just got involved in this one.

Age of players doesn't matter (but they are 9 and 10).

Bases Loaded -- One Out!

Pitcher balks,

All runners advance BUT batter also jogs to first.

No one notices (I know bad, but it is what happened):

After two pitches are thrown the PU recognizes that the bases are still juiced and figures out what happened.

He calls time and returns (illegal R1) to bat:

TD comes out of crowd and says after a pitch was thrown the error cannot be corrected and over rules the PU placing (Batter) R1 back to first.

Any takers?

Regards
My God! I can't even imagine this happening in one of my games but I'll play the part of the sleeping PU.

Me - "Time" I go to my partner (who was also sleeping) and discuss what we are going to do now.

Me - "You! (pointing to the 'illegal runner') Back to the box!"

Defensive coach - "What's going on?"

Me - "Here's the deal, coach... I screwed up! Blah, blah, blah"

Defensive coach - "You can,t..."

Me - "Stop right there coach. I'm not the only one who was asleep at the switch so I don't want to hear it. This is what is happening and that is that. Please go back to your dugout"

TD comes out of the stands and starts his serenade.

Me - "Mr. TD your input is not needed here nor is it required. When I need you for something, I shall call for you."

Send the "incorrect batter" back to the on deck area, make sure that the runners are where they are supposed to be, put the original batter in the box with the count at the time of the balk, remind my partner that we need to be awake for this one, suck it up and get on with the game. And oh yes, be prepared for an onslaught of comments from everyone in the stands - again, suck it up!

Last edited by ozzy6900; Thu Aug 17, 2006 at 04:20pm.