View Single Post
Old Thu Aug 17, 2006, 11:41am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to aceholleran
Rotation, loose bases, masks but no moose knuckle

The dish guy on the Mid Atlantic game was ridiculous. The first putch I saw, he was in the outside slot (of there is such a nether region).

There was another regional final where the plate was done by Mr. Rip Maskandhatoff. Any foul ball near the plate, his sh&t came flying off. Best of all (I saw this only once) he took off his gear to APPEAL TO U1 ON A CHECKED SWING.

I have done LLSB at Regional level (both Majors and Seniors). I once had a daisy show up at one of these games ( I was PU) wearing off-white canvas shoes and sporting a jaunty red flag in her back pocket. She then proceeded to call an illegal pitch on the starter from Mass. ON THE PENULTIMATE PITCH OF THE GAME! So, LLSB WS ineptitude doesn't surprise me. I watched the WS a couple of years ago, only to see the Guinness Interplanetary Record for Highest Pitch Called a Strike. Gave new meaning to the term "cutthroat."

From my buds who have worked in Bristol: 3 base umps NEVER go out. They are instructed to get inside on every batted ball. Of course, this makes for a magnificent clusterf*ck. LF and RF umps have all catches, fence calls, etc.

I humbly think that most of the umps I've seen on the baselines make me look like a Biafran supermodel. Which is saying something.

Yes, I'm not a groundkepper. I get the kids to fix the bases. If it's really bad, I summon a coach, parent or groundkeeper. It's just not my job; plus I am cleaned, pressed and starched at every game.

Okay, I feel better now.

Ace