Thread: Few questions
View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 16, 2006, 09:52pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarquiseJ
1)I was playin in our school summer league game and i got on a break 1-2
i got 2 defenders on me so i throw it up off back backboard n then dunked it
(9'8) rims n got called for a tech for hanging on rim, now was that a legal call?
i dunked n let go.

2)i came down court did a spin move (toke 2 steps) then threw it off back board n lay'd it up n got called for a travel, was that a legit call?

3) A1 was comin full speed down me B-2 was comin full speed other side
a1 jump i jump n kinda cut in front off him a1 proceed to dunk right b4 the ball hit rim n i was called for a goaltend n i swatted ball n was the reason ball hit rim.........
i argued with ref he tossed me n i threw ball at him
we also wond up losin that game cause of those crappy calls 66-65

4) is there a website for me to view new jersey high school basketball champs from like 90-91 season? n tyvm
Well, I had to go to my English/Gibberish dictionary, but I think that I figgered out what he's asking....

1) Grabbing the ring on a dunk is an automatic "T".

2) If you took 2 steps on your spin move without dribbling, it sounds like you travelled. Can't really tell without seeing it, but I usually take the word of an official who knows the rules over a player who obviously doesn't.

3) If you threw a ball at an official, your azz should be out of that league permanently. You're also lucky that charges weren't laid if you hit him with the ball. That's usually automatic. Not too smart a move.....

4) Um, this is an official's web site, not a players. Most of us could really care less about NJ high school ball, except from an official's standpoint.