View Single Post
Old Mon Aug 14, 2006, 08:46pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Mountaineer Send a message via Yahoo to Mountaineer
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadeintothem
With me it aint about ego.

I'm the LAST one to fall in line on this board and am more than willing to exist "outside of the box" than the norm on this board... which at times can be more than a little anal and nitpicky IMO.

Its about looking professional. Anyone can say anything they want about me, but I will always look and act professional on the field.

2 weeks before nationals I worked a national prep tourney in stockton that ranged between 112-114, so I know about heat.

This "yankee" was able to man up and look professional in that heat, I think I worked 10 games that weekend. I didnt hear one single of the other "yankees" wanting to look as you did and when the UIC wrote on the board that shorts could be worn, it was crossed out.

Its about looking professional.

You guys chose the easy way out and looked HORRIBLE. Umps coast to coast are working in the heat, but yall all couldnt take it. The guy working the little league world series looked sharp, the lady on the plate for national in _OKC_ looked good, but you guys, with your lack of respect for FP softball and regulations and some minimupm appearance standard chose not to keep up.

Thats all there is to it.
I bet you are proud of that too!

The best part about beating your head against the wall is it feels so good when you stop.