Thread: Did you see
View Single Post
Old Sat Aug 12, 2006, 05:16pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Fronheiser
Why? These kids are ALL-STARS. It's not like some local league where you try to hide the crappy playing kid on the bench. Kids shouldn't have to travel all the way to a regional so the same 9 kids can play every game.

Every LL coach knows the consequence of not meeting MPR. Most coaches make sure the starters meet MPR and get the subs in VERY EARLY. So your first sentence I'll agree with wholeheartedly.
I agree that the coach should have gotten his last sub in the game somehow to comply with the rule.

I regular season play, the MPR is 6 consecutive outs and 1 at bat. And they lessen the requirement in tournament play to 3 consecutive outs and 1 at bat. I just don't feel there should be any mandatory play rule, period, in tournament play. The coaches and parents should take care of that on their own.

I don't like it that these kids, from both teams in this situation, have to suffer and be totally disappointed because of one coach's negligence. Sure everyone should participate, but forfeiting a game over it rubs me the wrong way.

Because of this rule, the two managers involved resorted to shenanagins, and made a mockery of the game. They also embarrased their players, and like PWL said, I'd rather lose on the field than be given the win by forfeit.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25