Thread: Did you see
View Single Post
Old Sat Aug 12, 2006, 08:48am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarthB
Neither do you say it as matter of fact, but rather as matter of opinion.

(If you don't mind, I will use this post during my next lesson on the differences between fact and opinion.)

Personally, I enjoy the writing style of most Times journalists. I also prefer the Times Style. Back in the day, we were required to use the NYT style guide for our term papers and thesis projects. I do, however, refrain from reading much of the editorial page.
It can never be seen as fact that the NYT is a very left-leaning rag, true. However, it can be seen as fact that the Times has employed some people who have no qualms about writing fiction and passing it off as news.

I live in Madison. There are two daily papers here -- morning and afternoon. Morning is seen as more conservative and afternoon is off the charts liberal which sees nothing wrong with putting anti-Bush articles on the front page and spinning them as "News."

My opinion, as someone who has lived elsewhere is that BOTH papers are quite left of center, with the afternoon one almost a parody. But I subscribe to both -- I love newspapers and I can always get a chuckle out of the editorial pages.