View Single Post
Old Fri Aug 11, 2006, 09:07am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The New Guy
I know that it is common practice among referees who travel throughout the year to only use carry-on luggage (or at least carry on their game bag). In light of everything that happened yesterday in London and the new restrictions of no liquids in carry-on luggage on domestic flights, I'd be interested to know the thoughts of anyone on this forum who will have to make any adjustments this season.

From what I hear, no saline solution, no mouthwash, no deodorant, etc. will be allowed in carry-on baggage. Is checking baggage and risking losing your luggage something you've thought of?
I would say for the vast majority of us, "carry-on" restrictions haven't changed for us. That is, unless a spouse changes the rules as to what we can bring in our car. Iow, most of us travel to and from games by car.

Now, I have always wondered how I would handle my game equipment if I had the good fortune to be paid to fly to a game. When I do travel, I usually try to carry on as much as possible just because of the fear of losing luggage, especially if I have a couple of connections. But I can see keeping my game clothes in one carry-on bag, and a separate little bag for the "liquid necessities" kept in the checked bag.

(Used with permission.)