View Single Post
Old Thu Aug 10, 2006, 12:46pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz
I don't have the J/R, but wouldn't that imply that if you changed pitchers between innings (sent a new one out from the dugout to start an inning), then the coach just got hit with a charged conf on the old pitcher?
I believe Bob is misreading the intent of this (see above), but even if he isn't, I don't believe ANYONE would extend it to substituting between innings.

Quote:
I do a lot of 12 - 14 games in my area and the league I usually work for goes by OBR. So this thread really got me thinking because it is quite common for a pitcher to be pulled on the 2nd trip and sent to say right field and the RF comes in to pitch. It is also not unusual for a team to be playing with only 9 or 10 players due to vacations.
If this is "common" in your area, this is due to poor communication of the rules to them. And since it is common, I would not "spring" this rule on them without making sure they understood the consequences ... but you DO need to retrain them not to visit a pitcher a 2nd time and send him to right field. Whether Bob is right or not, what you describe IS a 2nd visit, and this kid has to sit. What they need to do (in my estimation, and in the estimation of everyone I've ever worked with ... and I must make clear again that this is where Bob and I differ), is approach the UMPIRE (not the mound), and announce that F9 is the new pitcher and F1 is going to right field, and THEN have the kids switch places.