View Single Post
Old Thu Aug 10, 2006, 08:21am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins
Just to be clear, that's if the substitution is announced before the manager takes his one "allowed" trip to the mound. If the manager has made an allowed trip and not removed the pitcher, then the pitcher can't (under pure OBR) be moved to another position (as this would be considered a second trip and the pitcher must be removed).
I'm not sure that's right, but maybe we are envisioning different things. I'll posit a scenario, you tell me if you'd rule it illegal and if so, by what rule.

Coach makes his visit, pitcher stays in. After finishing this batter, either A) pitcher simply drops the ball and goes to shortstop with F6 coming to the mound, B) coach yells out from the dugout, "Steve, Fred, Switch!", and F1 anf F6 switch places, or C) coach asks for time and proceeds straight to the umpire, telling him he's switching F1 and F6, and then visits new pitcher (old F6) at the mound as he's warming up.

I see all three of these as legal, but it would seem from your previous post that you would not allow any of these - and if I'm reading you right, which rule are you using for this.