View Single Post
Old Thu Aug 03, 2006, 12:30pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Sox pull out another 9th-inning walk-off win. That makes two in the last three games against the Indians. And both off the same kid, Fausto Carmona. As happy as I am for the wins, I feel bad for this kid. He wasn't really trained as a "closer", and now has 2 blown saves in 3 days. That has to hurt the confidence. (Although a big part of me says that a major league pitcher should be able to get his first 3 guys out.)

Last night's was even worse than the first one. You give up a HR to Ortiz. . . Hey, he's beaten better guys than Carmona. But last night, he got the first 2 outs with K's. Then got 2 strikes on the next guy. . . then plunked him!! Then on the NEXT pitch, plunks the NEXT batter! Then walks another guy to load the bases. Then Loretta did his thing.

Since trading away their primary closer (Wickman) at the deadline last week, the Indians don't have a single pitcher on staff who has recorded a save this season. http://cleveland.indians.mlb.com/NAS...it&timeFrame=1