View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 02, 2006, 10:34am
Official Forum Member

I don't have a problem with Mass. In fact, I used to live in Boston and started my college career in Boston as well.

In NH, as far as the shirts go, if we want to get varsity (HS) games they have to be approved by the state or IAABO #32. That is our governing body that approves or disapproves our uniform. For example, last year, Honigs made a mistake with the IAABO Grey & Black shirts. They put the red & black IAABO patch (used on the back and white shirts) on the Grey & Black shirts, rather than the black & white patch supposed to be used. It was 32 that made the conclusion we are not allowed to use the red & black patches on the grey shirt. I don't know of anyone that has been fined for using it, but they do make the rules we have in place for just the case.

They also made the rule for us that we HAVE to wear the flag on the back below the collar. That is required for all HS Varsity & JV matches.

A few of us up here in NH, still have the original solid grey uniform from way back when... and up until two years ago, we could use that uniform for any game, but not anymore.

Point of this post is, yes, in NH, our shirts have to be approved by the state board or the HS refs don't get the games they want. As far as college, I don't know of them approving or disapproving shirts as long as they are black and white.

And no, we can't wear the Byron collar shirts and I am glad of that. I don't like the look of the collar shirts, I prefer the V-Neck.