Thread: Off to camp
View Single Post
Old Fri Jul 28, 2006, 11:26am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M Guy
There must be something you can tell us about? Pleeeeese?!
There really was nothing crazy to talk about. It was pretty straight-forward officiating, although the level of basketball wasn't great. Here's one story that I got razzed a little for. But I'm warning you, it's not that funny.

My very first game of the week, I worked with one college official and one second-year official who had never worked 3-whistle before. After the game, we're watching the tape together and 95% of the comments are for the new guy. After a basket, the scoring team puts on a really hard press, lots of pressure in the backcourt. So as the Center official, I held my position at the foul line extended to officiate the press.

The observer says to the new guy, "See Chuck's position here? Nobody could it any better than that." After the tape session, the other college official starts laying into me. "Any better than WHAT?!?! You just stood there! Great job of standing there!!"

So I got some ribbing for a while about "Let's see how Chuck stands around". I told you it wasn't that funny.