Thread: Off to camp
View Single Post
Old Fri Jul 28, 2006, 10:42am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckElias
No real good stories this year. I've been this camp a few times now, so much of the lecture material is review (always a good thing!). It was nice to see some of the NY/NJ guys again, since I only see them at camp. Dan wasn't there, but it was nice to see Bill again.

One of my favorite parts of the camp didn't even happen at camp. I carpooled with one of the observers one day, so I got to spend a good 2.5 hours with him one-on-one, picking his brain and hearing his stories about moving up. I enjoyed that a lot.

The final night, we were observed by Mr. Corbett and Mr. Higgins, which was pretty cool too.

Sorry I don't have anything juicier this year.
I'm finding that out at the camps I've been to this year - there isn't anything new and exciting, so all of the classroom sessions and teaching are kinda like summer re-runs. For me at least that isn't entirely bad, because I could focus on my game, both positioning and mechanics, without having to worry about new stuff. I would imagine for the newer guys it's still a unique experience.

As far as juicy stories - c'mon Chuck, you expect us to believe that? I mean, you didn't go to Vegas, right? What happens in Jersey gets broadcast throughout the country, right? There must be something you can tell us about? Pleeeeese?!

(Used with permission.)