Thread: ASA Blue/Gray
View Single Post
Old Thu Jul 27, 2006, 08:49pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Mountaineer Send a message via Yahoo to Mountaineer
Let me begin my saying that I thought Hawkeye's post was excellent!

In WV, HS mandates powder/heather grey as does our college conference (WVIAC). Because of that, most ASA uses the same. We CAN wear navy/heather in HS and college too. Almost all of our HS and college umpires are in ASA and most donate their time in Little League as well. I personally have Red, Cream and Black too and wear them in LL from time to time. (The cream looks awesome in a night game with black pants, btw.)

I also think Mike had a valid point when he pointed out that it doesn't matter what color - but how it looks. Guys that come on the field with dirty shoes, wrinkled pants, and mustard stain on their shirt should be drawn and quartered! I was critisized on another forum for taking my pants to the cleaners - but I'm too lazy to iron them myself and I want a sharp crease in them. I can usually wash them a time or two in between drycleaner visits but that's just something I choose to do so that I can look my best.

I must have missed the post where someone bought custom made pants.

The best part about beating your head against the wall is it feels so good when you stop.