Thread: Mark Cuban
View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 10, 2002, 11:57am
Official Forum Member

Re: Re: Mark Cuban

Dude you are so wrong. I have seen many times where refs made phantom calls and Cuban *****ed about it. He was right. You might not like his method, but he was right.

Do NBA officials miss plays? yes. Do NBA officials call week "and 1" plays? yes. Do NBA officials have a bad angle because they have a closed look as opposed to an open look or get "stacked" or "straight lined" and miss plays? Yes. Do NBA officials make "phantom foul" calls because it is a certain player going to the basket? Absolutely not. I do not agree.

Cuban can disagree with judgment all day. We can all debate that. As long as the judgment from the staff is consistent thus promoting consistency across the entire staff, then all is good.

I think your accusation that an NBA official makes a "phantom call" is unfounded and I would like some clear cut examples. I watch a lot of NBA officials very closely and have the utmost respect for them. They do a great job. Do they miss plays? Yes, sure they do they are human. But they don't call "phantom calls" based on preferential treatment of a certain player(s) or team(s).