Thread: ASA Blue/Gray
View Single Post
Old Wed Jul 26, 2006, 08:26am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA
Not to mention lavender for spring and rust for fall.

Give me a break.

"Ooohh. The major leaguers wear this, that and the other. They look neat". Just an example of the number of sheeple in this country. If you want to be a MLB wannabe, go work baseball.
Heaven forbid we want to look good instead of the tired old baby blue.

Any way, MLB wears light blue. We need choices though! I'm pro choice for Ump uniforms.

But no one said lavender (oddly except you hmmm), although it might be a good contrast for fall ball for ASA's light blue, so i'm suprised its not used...or Perhaps .. pink.

Quote:
Why is there a feeling that if the other guy does it, you have to do it? Sounds a bit like some people have an inferiority complex. IMO, if you need to keep up with the Jone's and it affects someone else, move to another neighborhood.
wtf you talkin bout willis?

The Tan looks sharp and cool (heat wise not "Cool ".) Its a good uniform.

I'll admit I just like the black cuz I like it. Its of little value.

You old timers are fading, and with it, your tenuous grasp on preventing us from looking good while umpiring slips.

You are right about the having to purchase many different shirts though.. its hard enough to make uniforms last 2-3 days or more during a big tourney with one color (in our area is grey/cute blue) and that would be much worse if we were allowed to look good but needed the ASA logo on them... no argument there.

AT LEAST, and I thank god for this, we can wear the heather grey.. the blue pants and baby blue shirt is the worst looking uniform there is. We need to go to a darker grey though, perhaps more like the MLB guys get to wear