Thread: ASA Blue/Gray
View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 25, 2006, 01:24pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CecilOne
I really don't care which uniform (except no red), but I wish we could stop wasting money on constant changes and insistence on logos.
We usually wish for the same rules among sanctions, but we can't even get to wear the same uniforms.
One of the reasons I heard Henry Pollard once use was that so many umpires work HS & college ball, it makes it easier for them if ASA would approve gray.

My opinion, screw the HS & college umpires. Why should someone working a particular association have to purchase multiple uniforms because someone else wants to work another association? I get the privilege of paying the extra expense for a uniform of which will get minimal use so others who can afford to purchase the additional uniforms can have it easier.

I will adapt to ASA, but if they returned to a single uniform, that would be fine by me. That way the umpire pays only for the uniforms of the associations which s/he chooses to work without placing any additional burden on those that don't make that extra money.