Thread: ASA Blue/Gray
View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 25, 2006, 10:15am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASA/NYSSOBLUE
Who here owns a set of these? I recently purchased them, and I must say it looks nice! It particularly looks good under the lights. Recently during the heat wave, my partner and I wore the combination of powder blue and grey, and it looked sharp as all heck! A couple of questions:

1) why did ASA introduce this? It is kind of odd that when MLB went to an option of powder blue shirts, ASA went to a dark navy option.

2) I was very surprised that ASA didn't have its umps wear the blue/gray at least ONCE during the World Cup - would have been a nice way to plug it!

3) Anybody think that it is going to be the standard uni of the future? in many, many ways the navy blue trousers are a relic of the past...they certainly are hotter than than the heather gray, plus one little bit of dust makes them look sloppy. A LOT of HS associations (not NY though) mandate the gray these days..not to mention all the people that work both softball and that 'other' game. I can see the navy trousers being phased out over the next 10 years or so....

...lights the match..waiting for the flames....
Seattle Metro is predominately Heather Gray pants with Powder Blue shirts. We'll wear our Navy Shirts on a whim - if the crew on that field wants to... but both (or all three) umps have to wear the same. We don't use the Navy pants at all.