Thread: ASA Blue/Gray
View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 25, 2006, 08:37am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ASA/NYSSOBLUE
ASA Blue/Gray

Who here owns a set of these? I recently purchased them, and I must say it looks nice! It particularly looks good under the lights. Recently during the heat wave, my partner and I wore the combination of powder blue and grey, and it looked sharp as all heck! A couple of questions:

1) why did ASA introduce this? It is kind of odd that when MLB went to an option of powder blue shirts, ASA went to a dark navy option.

2) I was very surprised that ASA didn't have its umps wear the blue/gray at least ONCE during the World Cup - would have been a nice way to plug it!

3) Anybody think that it is going to be the standard uni of the future? in many, many ways the navy blue trousers are a relic of the past...they certainly are hotter than than the heather gray, plus one little bit of dust makes them look sloppy. A LOT of HS associations (not NY though) mandate the gray these days..not to mention all the people that work both softball and that 'other' game. I can see the navy trousers being phased out over the next 10 years or so....

...lights the match..waiting for the flames....