View Single Post
Old Fri Jul 21, 2006, 05:25pm
Official Forum Member

I agree that contact on the ball handlers between the arcs has become too excessive in my neck of the woods. It's open season to bump and reach when the offensive player is dribbling down the sideline.

I do find it strange that some people think too many blocks are beng called. I think it's the opposite. It seems that anytime the defender takes the contact in the chest, regardless of if they are moving or leaning or took the position after the offense player jumped, they get the call.

The calls that got me the most this season and maybe you guys can help me understand, is when my post player is being forced out of the lane by a defender who is all over their back and they give a little chicken wing with their elbow too hold them off - whistle - offensive foul. Not saying it's not a foul on the offense, but was there more of an emphasis to watch the offense closer and not so much the displacement by the defender?

Has high school adopted the "wait and see" foul calling method too now? I for one don't like it.