View Single Post
Old Fri Aug 25, 2000, 10:26am
Official Forum Member

sorry about the length ...

quote:
Originally posted by Jim Porter:

For the record, Jim, the articles at EUmpire CAN'T be found elsewhere. The writers here have made a concerted effort to offer pieces here that are unlike anything at URC, or anywhere else.

For the very best in advanced umpiring techniques and instruction, there is no place like EUmpire.

Sincerely,
Jim Porter

For the record, Jim, I just went through the registration process solely for the opportunity to reply to your note.

I looked at the front page for eUmpire (after your recommendaton on llumpires) and I agree with you that the articles look good. However, I have a day job, and a family, so I have to be selective about which sites I frequent - even the free ones are abandoned when the time required exceeds the value obtained.

I was thrilled when I discovered the URC - the articles were great, and for a relative newcomer, invaluable. BUT ...those same articles are now stale, and I don't see many new ones.

How are potential buyers to know whether the same problem will plague eUmpire? After all, the site doesn't have the track record of Referee magazine, and Web sites have a nasty habit of folding.

As for this discussion board ... what can I get here that I won't get on eTeamz, the URC, and the LUmpires email list?

The POTD is a great idea ... but Carl quit doing it on eTeamz. Will it last longer here?

One bennie that I see for this site is the explicit requirement that the discussions remain civil. Once the user base grows, that requirement alone will be enough to get me back.

My $0.02 worth.

James Leatherwood