View Single Post
Old Thu Jul 20, 2006, 02:56pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawump
This is not an attack of anyone...especially since my memory may be very suspect on this issue...but didn't some posters on this site say awhile back that one of the three former MLB umpires (Davidson, Hickox, etc.) would get the first, third and fifth openings under some deal? And isn't this the first opening since those posts and that supposed agreement with MLB was announced?

Am I remembering wrong? Or was there some misinformation being posted on this site? Or has something happened since those posts were made to change that information?

Just wondering since so many people here claim to have contacts on the MLB staff. (And, Oh yeah, I don't feel like asking my MLB contact).
That information, I believe, came directly from MLB and the WUA- Davidson, Hallion, and Hickox got the first, third, and fifth openings on the staff. Why they didn't now is anyone's guess.

You're remembering right....I'll leave it to someone else to better explain why.