View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 18, 2006, 01:54pm
Do not give a damn!!

I must confess that this Jimmy is from an association that I belong to in football. He is one of the nicest officials I have ever come in contact with. He helps people out all the time with advice or with information on how to get better as a football official and basketball official. I know a lot of the story behind the scenes and I will not come here and reveal that point of view. He was probably the highest rated official at his position and if his eye was not an issue then, why would it be now?

Jimmy is such a class guy that the officials that have gotten positions partly because of his situation, he has done nothing but extent a helping hand to those and does not show any bitterness towards those that got a shot in the Big Ten even if those guys took his place. I know of one guy that will work his first Big Ten game and Jimmy has told him he would go over whatever he needed to get ready for that game. I am just a lowly HS officials and Jimmy has talked to me a couple of times as if I was the most important person in the room when other people were clamoring to talk to him. I have nothing but love for Jimmy and I hope everything works out for him and his family. He got a raw deal even if this is just a business.

Peace