View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 17, 2006, 02:30am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to nickrego
Quote:
Originally Posted by gruberted
Hey guys back for more.

High Schools

Runner on 1st no outs. Ball hit to shortstop flips it to second baseman who doesn't touch the bag and which I don't say anything and then he throws it to first in which that runner was also safe. The kids thinkin he was out at second walks off the field and takes off his helmet. The coach then tells him to go back to second but I already called him out for taking off his helmet and leaving the field. The coach then argued there is no baseline only for a tag attempt? I'm like no you are wrong. What is the solution to this?

Second Problem

11-12

Coach was complaining all game from the get go. Ball down the left field line I called it fall he said it picked up chalk. So he kept complaining then I gave him a warning. He shut up until his pitcher got out there. He honestly thought when I ball hits the dirt and the catchers scoops it up its a strike. So as the pitcher walks him he turns to a parent and tells them those are strike he has no idea. I heard enough from at this point so I tossed him. He came angry easily and said he will meet me after the game? Should I take this a threat and what else should I have done?

Thanks,

Ted
Ted,

Problem 1: Why didn't you loudly call the runner safe ? If you didn't say it at least once so the batter could hear it, how do you expect the runner to know he is safe ? Sounds like you penalized the runner for your bad mechanics.

Problem 2: No offence, but I couldn't understand what you were trying to say. Maybe you could correct the typo's ?

Nick