View Single Post
Old Sat Jul 15, 2006, 12:45pm
Official Forum Member

did I misread something ? ..........................

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLPA13UmpDan
Ok let me lay the entire situation out for you. Umps: HP: George 1st: Mac 2nd: Tim 3rd: me

Were on a 4 man crew, were on the 60' Diamond, 9-10 LL allstars. We have a runner on 1st. Ball is blooped to the outfield. Runner from 1st runs and ends up rounding 3rd. But while hes running, the batter is running around 2nd by this time....and boom! smacks right into the Shortstop. Runner is heading for home...but gets confused by the yelling 3rd base coach and heads back to 3rd I waiting at 3rd also saw it. Tim points obstruction (even though he didnt see anything) and we send the runner on third to home (feeling that if the obstuction wouldnt have happened, he wouldnt have stopped) and send the obstructed runner to third. Sound right?

Dan

According to Post #4, the above play was allowed to finish. The determination of the umpiring crew was that the BR was obstructed by SS after rounding 2B. They also determined that had no obstruction occurred, the BR would have been safe at 3B. So, they award BR third base to penalize the defense for the obstruction, which forces the runner on third to score.

Sounds like a good call to me with the information provided.

Doug