View Single Post
Old Sat Jul 15, 2006, 07:41am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Al
Quote:
Originally Posted by BretMan
How I'd probably handle it:

Coach: (Offers incorrect rule interpretation.)

Me: (Offers correct rule interpretation.)

Coach: "No, that isn't right...blah, blah, blah..."

Me: "Coach, do you wish to file a protest?".

If he does, we handle it.

If not...

Me: "Coach, we're finished discussing this. Please return to your dugout."

His reaction to my request will determine if he remains in the game as a participant or not.

How I'd like to handle it...

"Coach, you seem pretty sure of yourself and seem to think you have a better understanding of these rules than I do. Let's make this interesting. Fifty bucks says I'm right on each of the rules you're arguing. Now, that's fifty bucks for each one of the rules you think I have wrong. After the game, we'll grab your rule book- you do have a rule book, don't you? If not we'll grab mine. Meet me over at the wiener wagon and we'll go over each rule point-by-point.

Oh yeah...I accept cash, check or credit card!"
Hi Bretman,

Your "How I'd like to handle it" has made me smile and nearly laugh out loud. $50.00 going to whomever is correct on each rule. And I like that part where you suggest to grab his rule book after the game... with the clincher and icing on the cake coming via your question... "you do have a rule book, don't you"? Meet me over at the wiener wagon...was a nice touch too... I love this forum! Great instruction and some good humor as well. Funny, but sad, how some will rant and rave about rules, but never really got their information from the rule-book... Thanks Bretman, Nothin' like fun at the ole' ball park. ..Al

Last edited by Al; Sat Jul 15, 2006 at 11:40am.