Thread: Ugly Game
View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 08, 2002, 11:32pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to firedoc
I did a middle school game today and it was one ugly affair. Two kids were at the table keeping the scorebooks and neither one was quite sure how to do it. In addition, there was an older woman keeping the clock and she was totally clueless in spite of us going over everything with them before the game.

About 1 minute into the game the kid scoring called me over after a foul on White 33 to tell me that there was no 33 in the book and that he had to add it. I informed the coach that we would shoot the foul shots with the lane cleared and then the 2 technical shots. he only apologized for the book stating that it was his fault because he had copied the numbers from an older game. A minute later, it turned out that he had to re-enter almost everyone's name/number. Needless to say this took a at least 5 minutes to get straight. he kept apologizing to us and to the coaches of the visiting team for the delay.

I also informed him, with a little smile on my face, that he was lucky in that scorebook changes are only penalized once per game and per team.

A Nightmare!