View Single Post
Old Thu Jul 13, 2006, 02:05pm
Official Forum Member

Ace..

Ace,
You know you did the right thing.......in your case, when it was outside the field, you handled it the best way possible......

Any reaction from you would have just made it worse.... but I expect you knew that since you didnt opt for any of your other choices....

Now coming from me thats saying something as there was a time very early in my career that I had a set of rabbit ears that would have made Bugs Bunny proud.....

This year I had a HS varsity game with a very elderly Grandfather type sitting in the first row of the bleachers at a field much like you decribed.....every pitch called , he had a comment......thats high, no way, its in the dirt, etc.....

Initially I noticed that he was just doing it when the home team was at bat...but since both teams were wearing white uniforms, it became clear he didnt know which team was batting.....of course the big cataract sunglasses might have had something to do with his "vision problems".......

Finally one of the moms had to tell him he was arguing pitches his own grandson was throwing.....

he was a bit more quiet after that...

Stan