View Single Post
Old Wed Jul 12, 2006, 05:24pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlUmpSteve
So, if I understand you Mike, you are saying that 5.5-B(3) allows a 4th out appeal on a preceding runner to nullify a run, 5.5-C allows an appeal on the runner you are nullifying, but 5.5-B(1) only can keep a run from scoring on a force out of a following runner or BR not reaching 1B if it is the ONLY third out?

And, this is now the interp because 5-5.C was added to ADD that circumstance where the appeal was on the affected runner, but, instead, is being used to limit the following runners? Can I assume you are proposing a rule change or editorial revision to clarify what everyone has known all along?
Would not an appeal on a preceding runner to nullify runs most likely be a runner who also scored? Yes, I know someone is going to come up with a diabolical TWP with Dr. Evil and Mini-me involved, but I'm speaking of a general rule as a starting point.

Personally, I believe "C" should be deleted and the "Note" under 5.5.B.3 be moved and reassigned as 5.5.C.