View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 11, 2006, 09:15am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmaker
We got about 5 minutes into the game, and the male coach decided he didn't like a call. He questioned me, I explained, and he disagreed. Finally, I said, "Coach, she got her solid on the body, and we called it." And he said, "Well, for that call, I think I'm gonna need an M&M."
How did I get dragged into this?

I'll have to admit, giving out candy is a unique idea, but I'm not sure many people could pull it off, and I would be very careful in how you do it. (Picture JR handing out candy...shudder...) Maybe in this situation, with two teams you've never seen before and may never see again, it might work. But, with teams you see all the time in your league, I would think you would have to do it all the time or not at all. ("Huh, she gave me candy last game, but not today; what did I do to piss her off?")

Candy or not, the clue that one coach was going to be a problem was his comment about "never yelling at the refs, only at his players". If a coach is going to be good, they don't have to try and convince you of that ahead of time, they just are. Plus, he's admitting to yelling, even before the game starts. That throws up the red flag for me. It didn't sound like candy was going to help at all.

Remember, no good deed goes unpunished.

(Used with permission.)