View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 08, 2002, 01:37pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dan_ref
Quote:
Last summer I was in a busy gas station in Mass. I could not fill up facing that way, a new law had gone into effect mandating a "forward" direction that everyone had to maintain.
Maybe that was a town ordnance. I'm pretty sure that it's not a statewide thing. Yankees cap, indeed.

originally posted by Camron Rust
Quote:
I happen to like it. You don't risk smelling like gasoline when you are on the way to an important meeting. It also rains a lot here in Oregon (betcha didn't know that) and I get to stay in my warm, dry car. It also provides jobs to many people that don't have any significant skills or education or perhaps have fallen on bad times.

The State's arguments for keeping it are the jobs and an increase level of safety.
That's great that you stay dry on the way to a meeting, but if I'm in a big hurry and don't care about getting a little wet then why should the state prohibit me from doing it? That's just bizarre. And as far as the jobs go, that's also a fine goal, but why not give them the same job, but only have them pump at the "full serve" line, while I pump my own so I don't have to wait?

Chuck