Thread: New shoes
View Single Post
Old Sun Jul 09, 2006, 10:37am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJT
I am getting new shoes for this season and I want some input on what you guys like. I want some with small studs or cleats as I have many games on field turf. Specific shoe type and site to buy would be appreciated.
I purchased a pair of Reeboks with molded cleats two years ago. I work the wing position a lot and was tired of slipping (with my old shoes) when squaring off for spots. The Reeboks are a mid-height and give good ankle support. I don't have the "model" # but I purchased them at a Sports Authority in Omaha. The Reeboks have held up great. I use them on both field turf and natural grass.

I purchased my previous pair (can't recall the brand/model) through Honig's. Nothing against Honigs - I like their products and get nearly all my stuff from them. That said, I just can't buy shoes without trying them on first so I won't do the on-line/mail order route again for shoes.

I'd be interested to know what you end up getting. More and more of my games will likely be on field turf as more of the metro Omaha schools go away from the real grass.