View Single Post
Old Sat Jul 08, 2006, 11:50pm
Official Forum Member

still confusedm(just not as much)

navadaref...in one of your posts your said it was implied that we could call an intentional if the excessive contact was off ball, reading the case book I think that case could be made for this, but in your other post you said that unless it was flagrant what else could you call...please explain...

what actually happened on this play is as follows...close game A1 is inbounding at division line, everyone else is in f/court... Im on base watching off ball...A inbounds and about the same time I have A3 in front of me trying to shake B2, in his attempt he (imo) inadvertantly elbows B2 across the chin and displaces B2. Meantime my partner has called B1 for a hold on A2 up by the division line...we come together to confer and agree that his foul took place first...dead ball...since A was not in the bonus we charge B1 with his foul and add to team count...now we deal with this intentional because of excessive contact...now is where it might of been handled different...i ruled intentional tech (deadball) so we shot one(team camp rules score appropiate points) and gave it at D/line because of tech...after the f/t and posession to B team it had no bearing on the outcome of the game,but could have. Rereading rule 4 concening intentional foul I came away from the rule on excessive contact clearly has to be onball...read the poe didnt change my mind but the case book has an example that could support this call...if it wasnt a tech but just a simultanous personal (4-19-10) then would you disreguard this call as suggested by 4-19-1 note. I would find it hard not find something for this infraction...just read the case on simultaneous foul (4.19.9) seems to fit just right any comments on how this should of been handled? .