Thread: Warmup pitches
View Single Post
Old Fri Jul 07, 2006, 10:02pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Mountaineer Send a message via Yahoo to Mountaineer
Quote:
Originally Posted by CecilOne
I don't think we should tell them what to do, just like any other "coaching" comment or liability causation, if that's a concern. I believe the proper way is just to wait and say "one more" to the catcher after the fourth pitch, after they have taken too long, or when they are just messing around. I never tell the catcher to throw it down, or restrict the pitcher to less time or fewer pitches than in the rules.

Lest anyone get the wrong idea, I did say "technically" the minute starts with the third out, not that I ever count or enforce anally.
Since the minute does start when the 3rd out is made - I'm well within the timeframe when I tell them 3 and down. There's no way that can be construed as coaching. I'll say "send the next one" - sometimes they say, I'm not going down this inning - "okey dokey". Let's just play ball . . . I'm just trying to move the game along. Is it coaching, when after the 3rd out I say, "Hustle in, hustle out ladies!"?

The best part about beating your head against the wall is it feels so good when you stop.