Thread: Coach managment
View Single Post
Old Fri Jun 30, 2006, 08:30pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by deecee
Just acknowledge a coach that you hear his concerns and will address them when best fit. Also unless you are 100% sure dont tell a coach that -- say coach from my angle thats what I saw -- he could have a different opinion than you and thats fine.

If you know a coach is irate at you give him room and stay opposite for a while. Once he cools down if you feel address his concerns then (you dont have to unless he asks nicely).

If you have to tell a coach something like not to roam to far up and down the sideline just remind him nicely once or twice if hes coaching and not harrasing (if hes harrasing one warning is enough).

I like to give coaches as much rope as needed for them to hang themselves -- by the time they get one they deserve it and everyone knows it. Now there are catch phrases that will cost a coach faster than cyndi lauper was popular and those usually revolve around the personal stuff.
And never, never, never sell out your partner to a coach. Never. Never. Someday it may be you.