Thread: Coach managment
View Single Post
Old Fri Jun 30, 2006, 08:28pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
Geeze, I got as far as Juulie telling us to imagine standing with the coach in a rose garden.......and then it said "insert $50 to continue".

I've got my own imaginary little mantra. Ain't gonna cost you $50 either. Forget about the rose garden and try this:

Picture yourself near a stream. Birds are softly chirping in the crisp, cool mountain air. Nothing can bother you here. No one else knows this secret place. You are in total seclusion from that place called "the world". The soothing sound of a gentle waterfall fills the air with a cascade of serenity. The water is crystal clear. You can easily make out the face of the coach whose head you are holding underwater.
JR, just remember that not everyone can make a go of that style! I mean, I have a lot of trouble holding a coach's head underwater, since my arms are rather weak and flimsy. So I've developed a more internal way of handling things. I just sulk and mutter to myself, until I explode and whack the poor clueless coach. It's about the same effect as yours, but more entertaining to the on-lookers.

Meantime, I appreciate TADW's plug. Those articles (I think that series ran to 10!!) got me a tidy little sum for buying more whistles, and quite a few complimentary e-mails. Anything that I've discovered that works has to be good for others, since I started with so little of any value.