View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 28, 2006, 06:06pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUgrad92
So I guess then it would behoove a coach to instruct his players to make a non-contact swing/punch if they get fouled hard by the other team's leading scorer. That would be a quick, legal way of getting the other team's best player out of the game!!
IUgrad92,

It seems to me you are just trying to justify your position by coming up with whatever scenario fits your point of view. The bottom line is we had two players participated in what turned into a fight. Just because one kid got the worst of the fight does not absolve him from any responsibility or punishment. If he threw and elbow and he got punched in the face, he played a part in that action that resulted in a fight. Now if the officials did not see the elbow that is a different story. If the officials saw the elbow (first action), then you should by rule dump both players. You do not have to agree, but those are the interpretations I have seen over the years. Since this was HS, I can tell you the NF takes this position across the board in other sports that any provocation of a fight is apart of that fight. Just because you get your *** kicked does not eliminate your responsibility from further action taken against you. Maybe this is why there were no charges filed. There probably was more to this situation that meets the eye. Also you cannot just judge this situation by only a small part of the tape. There probably were other things we did not see or know about the incident.

Peace