View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 28, 2006, 03:30pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to IUgrad92
So help me out. Is an unsporting act different from an unsporting foul?

JR - Sorry, when I said "punishing a player", I just meant that by tossing him from the game, due to the change from a personal foul to a fragrant foul was punishing the kid for how the other player chose to respond.

So how do you get around this? Fighting = flagrant act. A flagrant foul is either of violent or savage in nature. So how would an elbow/shove qualify? Intentional, yes, I can live with that, but I think you and Chuck have elevated this 'act' beyond intentional to flagrant. True?

JR - I know you've re-iterated more than once that the Lawrence kid admitted to previously elbowing the Wichita kid coming up the court. Fine, not arguement there. But when he says that, does he mean he nudged him with his elbow, or did he mean he got in a full shot to the ribs?? I have no clue. All I know is that I've heard many 12-14 year old kids say they've aced a test, but in actuality they only got an 80%. So when kids say something to me, I've learned to ask more questions and only then do I get the "real" picture.

Secondly, why did he elbow the Wichita kid? Maybe it was in retaliation from the Wichita kid reaching in/grabbing his arm on that rebound?? Possible.....