View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 28, 2006, 01:29pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUgrad92
1) Funny how it's always the other person that needs to talk to a rules interpreter..............

2) So, from JR's previous posts this is what he's saying.........
Player A1 grabs the back of player B1 jersey running up the court.
1) JR has an intentional personal foul on A1. B1 turns and looks at A1
but does nothing.
2) JR has an intentional personal foul on A1. B1 turns and takes a swing
at A1. JR now changes that personal foul to a flagrant on A1 because
B1 retaliates with fighting, and A1 was the instigator.
So how can the same action by A1 result in different calls?? Just by the reaction of B1?? Don't think so. A flagrant foul is for fouls of violent or savage in nature. Grabbing the back of one's jersey does not qualify, neither does the elbow/push.

3) I don't believe the FED is into punishing A1 for B1's uncontrollable actions.
1) Might not be a bad idea for you to contact one too. The point that I was making to Camron wasn't being just me being derisory, believe it or not. I respect Camron's overall knowledge of the rules and their application. That doesn't mean that we can't argue and disagree. In cases where you get conflicting interpretations, like this one, it's always a good idea for both sides to run their thoughts past a knowledgeable person whose rules acumen they trust. Maybe an IAABO rules interpreter for his local Board like Chuck Elias......

2) Please don't tell me what I've been saying in previous posts unless you can accurately quote me. I never said anything resembling what you're saying above; I never discussed someone grabbing a shirt at any time. That's your invention. I discussed an intentional push leading to a fight that I saw on the film provided. From there, Chuck has already told you what the rules state about an unsporting act leading to a fight. I've also cited those same rules many times so far in this thread; if you disagree or you don't believe me, hey, that's certainly fine with me.

3) The FED isn't in to punishing anybody. It just wants officials to follow their rules. Now.... here's where you and I obviously completely disagree; I don't believe that it is ever an official's job either to punish anyone that we have to deal with- coach, player, fan,etc. It is up to the pertinent league, state or national governing body, police, etc. to worry about punishment; we,as officials, just call the rules that we have available. In this case you are making yourself the judge, jury and executioner, and you are doing so with the only evidence available being 10 seconds of film from a terrible angle and a bunch of conflicting hearsay.

Last edited by Jurassic Referee; Wed Jun 28, 2006 at 01:40pm.