View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 28, 2006, 12:38pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcblue13
The idea that LBR outs or that outs on a play where the runner fails to maintain contact with a base after a play are cheap outs is just plain wrong. We are all calling our game by the rules that we have and the players need to play by those rules.
Never was it suggested that an umpire ignore a rule. I want the rule GONE. I refer to a cheap out as one which was called using a specific rule for a violation that had zero bearing on the game. I'm not suggesting we ignore the rule. I'm suggesting the rule be eliminated.
Quote:

If I deem that the defense caused the runner to lose contact, I don't call the out but if a player can't keep her hand or foot on a base when she is being contacted by a defensive player with the ball, that is just her problem
WTF did this come from?

Quote:
I personally think a game without time being called after every play moves along faster because the girls get the ball to the circle to stop play.
Really? Is that why most SP games are done in 20-30 minutes less than many, if not most, FP games without an active clock?