View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 27, 2006, 04:12pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence Dorsey
The Charleston(SC) skipper had already been out once to question the BU on a balk call. Later in the game, there was a bang-bang play at first. The BU called the batter runner safe and out came the Charleston skipper. The argument started out mildly but then got heated. The BU tossed the skipper and then the guy went nuts. He "beaked" the BU with the bill of his cap. The PU had worked his way from homeplate to about half-way between the mound and the plate when it got heated. As soon as the ejection happened and it got violent, he moved in. I thought he moved a little too slow, but he did move in. He ran interference, without touching the manager, until the ejected manager left the field.
I knew this Charleston skipper for about 3 years and he's as *** off the field too. He has 2 sons and it's kinda comical yet sad how he gets pissed at his kids for not throwing or stepping and/or hitting the right way. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they both give up baseball just because their dad jammed it down their throat.